San Diego Radio Sucks Quite A Bit

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

9 Days 'til Coachella - Banks

Normally, an endorsement from the LA Times is the kiss of death for a festival act, but this year they might be onto something with at least half of their recommendations for the rising stars.  I noticed a few gems in their recommendations that I was aware of, but Banks, I was not.

This singer is a true find.  Sultry, smoking hot lyrically and vocally, and she ain't bad to look at, neither.

And oh shit, she's on Saturday.  Shit.  Saturday is really stacking up.

Anyway, she sounds a bit like Siouxie singing for Portishead, or something like that, in the best way possible.

My greatest fear is that the choices we'll have to make this year will be harder than that Sophie's Choice shit.  What?  She had to choose between two kids or something?  That's nothing compared to what we might be up against.  It's either going to be a massive tearfest of sorrow trying to pick between acts stacked up at night, or it's going to be a real candidate for best undercard ever.

Either way, slap my ass and call me Sally.  Nine days away.

No comments: